Monday, April 19, 2010

Collage Lab 1

I am SO excited about this great book from Bee Shay, Collage Lab. A few weeks ago I was going through ArtFest withdrawals and cracked it open. I played around adding Golden Fluid Acrylics to make the Liquitex Acrylic Gesso different colors.

Using varied texturing methods with common household objects I applied the colored gesso to 140lb cold press watercolor paper. I loved how they turned out!





On Friday Bee started posting a new challenge based on the labs in her new book. Last night Husbang and I tried a bunch of new techniques using gesso on mat board. We both have been using gesso as a stamping medium for the past year and have enjoyed the results.


This is allowing us to get the feel for using gesso as a foundation rather than an accent.

I liked using stencils & mesh salvaged from a bag of red potatoes. We also both used foam stamps and a pallet knife to layer on the gesso.



If you enjoy collaging, or want to learn please check out Collage Lab! And be sure to join the online challenges every Friday morning... It's free and every interaction I've had with Bee has been wonderful! She is also setting up a group to exchange collage creations with each other through ATC's or postcards.

No comments: