Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bee Happy

There has been a mass cleanse of epic proportions. I've been crying at the drop of a hat for over a week.

I'm not usually prone to episodes of crying like this....sure, when I've got the power hour of PMS onset....sure, who isn't with all of that wonder-woman-I'm-gonna-bleed-for-5-days-and-not-die-strength? You HAVE to cry because we live in a world where we aren't allowed to just go out and use the power to make massive change happen...the energy has to go somewhere.

But what my bad self has been doing the last 8 days has been disturbing. And worse, has interrupted the course of my usual snarky, get-it-done, whimsicle fuckery.

I haven't been able to talk to people, I've been overwhelmed by technology and I've gotten a little dehydrated. I've made that little scene in Alice in Wonderland look like a kiddie pool.

On the upside... I've been creating...and coming up with ideas. Thank Gawd for Bee Shay and her new book "Collage Lab".

AmAzing book! Worth every penny...think of it like the Joy of Cooking for collage...lot's of delicious recipes and ideas for you to springboard into your own creations.

Plus, it got me arting through the tears.

1 comment:

Nelly said...

I think you are having a little Nelly withdrawal. Friend me on Facebook and I will cyberstalk you!!! That will keep you occupied for a while :) All kidding aside, I know what you mean. Too bad everyday can't be ArtFest!